Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bottle it up

ahh my babies. Look at these guys. How can you not smile? I love them so much. Yesterday was one of those days where I was watching them play on the couch, giggling and hugging each other and thinking to myself, "I want time to freeze and for them to stay this age forever." I want to bottle up this time in our lives and remember it forever. Hopefully by writing this blog entry it'll help me do that. 
Price is not yet 3 and a half and Parker will turn 20 months in 3 days:) They are in full on toddler mode but still are my babies. I tried to explain to Price yesterday that he'll always be my baby and I don't think he appreciated it very much:) Let's start with Price. He is the most amazing, loving, sensitive, smart older brother to Parker. He surprises Kadin and I every day with his observations. He told Grammi the other day that we needed string cheese because it's "sissy's favorite." He is such a sweet heart. He recently went on a Grandma 2 night vacation down at Grandma's house and she couldn't stop talking about how sweet he is right now and how much fun he had. I don't think he wanted to come home. He's his own little person for sure. He can now pee standing up:), can write his name and knows all his letters. He got his first report card from school! He loves school but still likes to tell me when I pick him up from his 2 mornings a week that he "missed mommy." I think he tells me that more to make me feel special. The director of the preschool told me the other day when I picked him up that he was playing by himself at recess with his football, playing all the positions himself. Quarterback, running back, defender and eventually scored what she thought was a touchdown and threw his arms up in the air. He's incredible agile and athletic. I can't wait to see what he choses to play and participate in. He loves to sing, not always at the right volume, but he loves to sing. He loves playing with our cats. He said he wants, "melbourne, sydney, a dog and a pig" for a pet. Maybe we'll work on that dog part in the next couple years.....he loves mapping out the route at the zoo, getting his own groceries at the store, helping mommy bake, loading the dishwasher afterwards. He loves to brush his teeth but absolutely with no toothpaste or floss. He loves baths but "no hair." I can't wait until the no water, no shampoo stage is over. He is starting to make believe and play his own little games now. The other day he decided we were going to be in a parade and he was going to throw out "candy" to me and sissy. Yesterday he filled up his backpack with legos, appointed me as Santa and had me deliver toys to good boys and girls from Santa's backpack while he ran in front of me as Rudolph with his blinking red nose he was wearing. He is a puzzle fanatic. He will sit down and master a puzzle in no time flat. He lovess the challenge. Hands down though, if he could do one thing all day every day it would be to play football. "you mommy Wilson, Quarterback, me Marshawn Lynch" Sometimes I get to be Marshawn but I am corrected often as to how I need to hold the ball when he hands it off to me. He say he wants to be a doctor when he grows up. Won't be surprised if that happens. More than anything he is a lover down to his core. One of the most special memories I'll never forget even when he leaves home one day is how during naps every day we climb into mommy and daddy's bed, the two of us, and he says, "snuggle, snuggle, snuggle" pulling the sheets up over us, giving me a bear hug and putting his face right into mine. "I love you Price." "I love you too mommy." and he holds my hand falling asleep. 
Sissy: I'm not sure she knows her name is really Parker. She's a goofball. "Sissy is funny." Price says daily. She wakes up with a smile, goes to bed with a smile. No transitional periods needed for her. She wakes up ready to go, ready to play. She's talking a lot right now. When we ask her a question her first response is a long drawn out, "maybbeee...." and then picks something. She wants everything Price has. He gets a snack, she needs a snack. She loves to get a rise out of her brother. She's already fallen off the couch and scared the day lights out of Price but still goes right back to that same spot so Price can scream and tell her to get down. She has a pretty bad ass hair style right now. Very similar to mine when I was a baby. Sweeping side bangs, short sides, longer in the back with the cutest curly Q. Wispy locks, unlike Price's thicker hair. Both blondies, both adorable. She loves to swing, run in the opposite direction, going to the library with me for reading time with bubbles and Mr. Monkey every Tuesday morning while Price is at school. Sissy loves her daddy. She watches for him at the window every day when he gets home from school and greets him with a big bear hug. He taught her how to do eskimo kisses. When you tickle her you could record her giggle and it would the the perfect baby giggle. Parker loves her babies. Everything babies. We drop Price off at school, she looks for babies. We go to the park, she hunts out babies. For Christmas she got her own baby crib and high chair. Big hit. The last few nights she has to be put down in her crib with her favorite baby right next to her. "Good night baby, good night sissy." She runs, runs, runs, jumps, climbs, jumps. Then when it's bed time, we get her blankey, binkie, have our special rocking time, sing a couple songs and she's done. Plays hard, sleeps hard. 
Most importantly, as I'm sitting here typing this out while everyone still sleeps I am reminded how lucky I am to have two beautiful, happy, healthy babies. Life is not easy every day and breaks are definitely needed but Kadin and I are so grateful we have been blessed with two wonderful children who entertain and challenge us daily. I waited what seemed like forever to have this life and now that it's here I cherish it. They will not be this little forever and our lives will not always be this simple. I love how I get to stay home with them every day and care for them, play with them and be there for every moment. Our lives are sure different then they once were but we wouldn't have it any other way. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful........I can feel the love and am so happy for you
    ...xooxChristie

    ReplyDelete