Saturday, October 16, 2010

Firsts of Everything

Price is 3 weeks old now, will be 4 weeks on Tuesday. These first few weeks have consisted of "Firsts of Everything."

First time you look at a living being with pure love, awe and peace. First time you get to see your husband as a daddy, first feeding, first bath, first phone call to the doctor, first time the baby cries and you try everything to soothe him but nothing works, first time YOU cry uncontrollably and not understand why, first time you to go sleep at night and wonder if you will be getting up in 1, 2 or if you are lucky 3 hours? First trip to the grocery store, first football game, first walk around Greenlake.....

The first few weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions, events and milestones. I look at Price and think to myself, "I can't believe he's already 3 weeks old but I also can't believe he's ONLY 3 weeks old." One thing that is definite is that I can not imagine our life without him. He is such a great baby, we are very lucky. He has taught me to slow down and be in the moment. Laundry and cleaning can wait, everything can wait if he wants our attention. There is nothing more relaxing and calming than holding him and knowing he is resting peacefully.

I think all in all, Kadin and I have done a great job working together to figure out this little guy and what his needs and wants are. We are remarkably not too sleep deprived, we have been getting out of the house to enjoy activities we once enjoyed, but now with a third member, and we are having fun learning new things every day about Price. We know this precious time as Price being a newborn will be short lived so we are trying to cherish each moment by being in the moment and appreciating every minute of being with him.


This picture cracks me up, looks like he is interviewing for a job


First bath, he actually likes baths, as long as you keep the warm water on him.


ahhhh, bath and now all snuggly warm...nap time!


First doctor appointment


First dinner date with my two favorite boys before Price's first football game. Mariner beat Kamiak, Grandpa Price would have been happy


First picture that I just can't get enough of. That look....just makes me want to eat him up, love that boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment