Thursday, March 10, 2011

Note from Mom: Finding Time

I know I have it made. My life is pretty wonderful. I have a beautiful, healthy baby boy who is easy going, charming, smiles more than cries and has an amazing sense of humor. I have a husband who is supportive, loving, present, a natural father. My job....pretty much perfect and probably what most moms would want if they had to work and wanted to work. I went back to "work", if that is what I should even call it, when Price was 3 months old. He is now 5 1/2 months old. I don't have to send him to daycare. I have a wonderful rotation of Grandparents who come to our house to watch Price. My mom, Kadin's mom, Kadin's dad and Stepmom, they all come over on a weekly basis to play with Price. I love how I have a job where I get to be active and I get to exercise but I have found in the past 2 months that I am not exercising or working out my body like I thought I would be able to while teaching class. If I'm doing everything I ask my students to do my teaching is not up to par and I can't have that. So hence, "Finding Time" is what I'm struggling with right now. Specifically, finding time to work out myself and also, finding time for Kadin to work out. Before baby we were both fit, active and worked out on a regular basis. But for obvious reasons our workout programs have been put on the back burner. 
Just this morning Kadin and I had a talk as to how to find time for both of us to regularly exercise. I think I finally "Got it". I now realize how parents struggle to find time for themselves and in this case, find time to do something that most people don't find enjoyable. We on the other hand do find it enjoyable in a sick way I suppose but still are having a hard time finding the time. 
I know it'll happen, I know things will pan out. For Heaven's sake, he isn't even 6 months old yet. But this is my personality, this is me, I'm an anxious, want to get it done now type of person. In time, I'm sure we'll come up with a suitable plan that will enable both Kadin and I to find time to work out.
Only problem is: a plan has to be developed soon because I want to do the Rock and Roll half marathon in Seattle this June. Time to train! It'll happen....it'll happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment