Saturday, June 2, 2012

Note from mom-Baby Girl is almost here!


Um....I guess we are really having another baby! I think I might have been in slight denial up until now that we were having another baby, let alone a little girl. I'm about a week away and I SWEAR I'm not going to make it to my due date of June 11th, but then again I thought that with Price. 

Pregnancy is no joke-or at least for me. I'm a pregnancy wimp. It's been really hard for me, especially this 2nd time around. And don't get me wrong, I am soooo happy, so appreciative and very excited to have our complete family. But Pregnancy-well, it's not for me I've decided. I want to be that active person I once was. I want to run around the yard and beach playing with Price, picking him up and tossing him up and down. Not happening right now and it sucks. I'm tired, my hips hurt, my crotch feels like it's going to fall out (maybe the baby too?) my face is fat, my legs cramp up, can't sleep, I'm moody. As much as I am done and want to have Brooking Baby #2 I am trying to cherish the last moments of Price as a single child. It makes me sad at times. I hope we don't rock his world too much. I hope we still are able to give him the attention he needs and deserves. When I rock and sing him to sleep I think to myself, this will never again be this way. In just about a week, or sooner, he'll have a baby sister always around. 

Last night Kadin asked Price where the baby girls room was. He showed him. Then he asked him where IS your baby sister? He stopped for a second, got a serious look on his face like he was deep in thought and then said, "Momma." Kadin then said, "Price, can you show me where baby sister is?" and then he went right over to my belly and pointed to it! Precious. I guess he really does get what is going on. :)

It's so funny how life is. Growing up I always wanted to be a mom and to have a boy and a girl. But after having such a hard time getting pregnant for years I figured, well-maybe Price will be it and that would be just fine. But look at what has happened now. My perfect family is about to be born. It's simply crazy and amazing and I am so thankful. Baby Brooking Girl-we are ready for you, come out and play! 

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you guys! Price is going to love his baby sister- maybe after a little time to adjust- but he will be so sweet to her as they get older.

    You're almost there!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete