Friday, September 6, 2013

Help! I think my toddler is Bi Polar!

Next Tuesday Price starts Preschool. Or Pre-Pre Preschool if you really want to know what it is. Tuesday, Thursday 3 year olds, 9:15-11:45. Last year he did Friday 2 year olds with me, Mommy and Me. This year, he'll be flying solo. All by his shy self. I'm nervous. I know it's the best thing for his personality but it's going to be rough people. 
Today was the "meet and greet" with the teacher. A chance to meet the teacher, see the other kids in the class and get to go around the classroom with your parent. Note that he has the same teacher as last year and most of the kids were in his class last year. He got his first piece of mail last week from Miss Stacey and it was a postcard saying how excited she was for him to start school. He was beyond excited! He was running up and down the drive way with the post card in his hand above his head shouting, "thank you Miss Stacey, thank you!" It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. All morning he was ready for school. I told him today was a mini day, just a chance to say hello to everyone. Well, here comes the start of Bi Polarfest. 
Meet and Greet was an hour long. The entire hour, he sat, outside the door, refusing to go in. No smiles. All the other kids rolled in with their mom or dad, started playing, saying hi to each other. Price, sat himself down and watched, watched everyone. Moms tried to draw him in, teachers tried, kids tried.  Nope. Did. Not. Work. Here was the kicker, I asked the teacher, "I know some kids have a hard time on the first day but has any kid done this before on the meet and greet?" and of course the answer was "um, I don't think so." Fantastic. 
When I told Price the hour was up and we had to go home, of course the reply was a sad, "no." He wanted to stay. But he didn't want to go in. We went home. Not a fun morning. 
When I was laying down with him before his nap he leaned in towards me, put his arms around my neck and said, "you are my best friend." Aww. Bi Polar. :)
He took a good nap, woke up, pissed. "Tuna fish sandwich." Alright, made him a sandwich. "too big!!" I cut the sandwich. "I want it whole!" I then almost picked up the sandwich and threw it across the room but instead I looked at the clock and did the math as to when I could either go to the store to get wine or when Kadin would be home from football. 
Speaking of football, he leaves his sandwich and starts running up and down the hallway chasing Parker. They are both squealing with delight. Hence, why I am able to sit down and write this. Then here comes the best high from the so far Bi Polar Day. Price is running after Parker trying to hug her, which she accepts, and says, "I love you sissy!" 
I still want wine, anybody deliver? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. Sounds challenging! But how cute after he realized he didn't talk to any of the other kids at school that he said you were his best friend. He gets it- he'll make friends and be okay I'm sure. Heart-melting sweet. He's just very shy. :)

    ReplyDelete