Saturday, September 21, 2013

My baby is 3!

My little big boy is 3 today! He is hands down my favorite little person on this earth. He has grown in so many ways, especially in this past year. When I think about everything it makes me that much more excited to see what the next few years bring. 
Price is kind of a late bloomer. He didn't walk until 14 months and didn't talk that much until close to 3. But boy, he is a smart one. He is beyond observant. He understands EVERYTHING and now is beginning to ask why about things. He is the kid who during circle singing time at school, doesn't sing or dance but looks at everyone else to make sure they are doing it correct. He is a perfectionist. His Grandma says his daddy was the same way at his age. He wants to do things right and will not do it until he masters it. 
Price is a sweetheart. One of the the most surprising things to me as his mom is seeing the love between him and his baby sister grow. It's precious.  He hugs and kisses her every morning and every night before bed. He thinks she is hysterical, laughing at her and egging her on to be her comical self. He takes care of her. Yesterday, Parker got stung by a bee on her thumb for the first time and he was first on the scene to try to comfort her and to investigate how the thumb looked and felt. When she cries, he runs and grabs her favorite truck or blanket to make her feel better. He loves his sister. That bond will always be there, that makes my heart happy.
Price is incredibly athletic. He can throw a spiral with his football so straight and fast I have a hard time catching it. He is obsessed with his UW husky helmet and loves to watch football with daddy. Sissy even gets in on the action and recovers his occasional fumbles. He loves to go up to daddy's football field at his school to watch the "big boys" play. One day, I do not doubt, he'll be a football player. He loves hitting baseballs, playing catcher, pitching from the mound, swinging at golf balls, playing tennis, shooting basketballs into his hoop, riding his bike and racing down our driveway. He loves to go on jogs with mommy and seeing how far he can run around Greenlake. His new thing that is cracking me up is, "mommy, exercise! What exercise?" He wants me to show him new exercises every day. Push-ups, mountain climbers, knee touches, you name it, he'll do them. He can do an "X, straight!" jumping jack better than my old 3rd-5th grade students! He amazes me with his drive to be active through sports. 
At the same time he still sits down and can read book after book with us. I love that. When he can finally read himself, look out. Kadin and I joke about that. He'll definitely be the kid who has a reading nook of his own in his room where he'll be spending his weekend mornings reading away. His book collection is quite large and expanding....
Probably my favorite thing about Price right now is how big of a lover he is. He now can say "luv you" back to us when we say we love him. He started off by telling me, "best friend mommy" but now everyone from daddy, to sissy to Melbourne our cat, or the baby slug he found on a rock the other day is his "best friend." It's adorable. 
With him being so affectionate and attached to us it was hard for me to send him off to school by himself 2 mornings a week. He seems so little and still a baby in so many ways to me. But after 3 school days, with minimal whimpering at first, he is doing awesome. The teachers say he loves it, no crying, is doing well. When I pick him up, the first words out of his mouth every time is: "REAL good day school" with a special emphasis on "real" so cute. I think he likes his independence a bit when he is at school. 
We sure love this little guy. His birthday party will be tomorrow with family and friends and all he requested was a "blue cake" so a blue, Seahawks cake it is! :) Grandma is coming over this morning to spend his birthday weekend with him and for Kadin and I to go to our first Husky game in the new stadium. Us parents even get perks on Price's birthday weekend! :) 
Happy birthday sweet Pricey, we love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment