Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Note from Mom-Just another reason

Just one more reason that reminds me why I run and why it's so important to exercise. Since Price was born almost 7 months ago it's been tough finding my groove with exercise but I feel like I'm now getting the swing of things again. Price enjoys hanging out, chewing on Sophie the Giraffe, while I'm slaving away, pushing him along my running route. 
Today's run brought something up that I forgot about: Emotions. Exercise has a funny way of sparking emotions out of no where. Endorphins are always released but today the form of emotion was sadness and grief. 
The last few weeks have been hard as I've had to witness my dad slipping into the last stages of his disease. Alzheimers has taken over my dad's body and mind these past 8 years but just lately we have seen him slipping closer to the end of his life. Yesterday Price and I went over to see Grandpa with my mom, his best friend and his brother. He recognizes us and at times seems to be very interested in the baby but he drifts in a out of sleep. It appears very hard for him to stay awake and alert these days. 
Even though I know the end is near and we've all had time to prepare for the end, it doesn't make it any easier. I have comfort knowing my dad knew Kadin and I had a beautiful, healthy baby boy and that he had many good visits with him during the first few months of his life. 

So on completion of today's run I found myself sobbing walking around the park, letting myself cry and allowing myself to feel the emotion that was brought on, what seemed like out of no where.
I feel better now and am reminded of just one more reason why I get up every morning to do what I do. Whether it's teaching others the benefits of health and fitness or working on it myself. I feel so lucky to have the life I do. And more importantly, I'm so happy that Price will be able to know his grandpa through stories and memories that we will all share. He is such a special man and Price is lucky to be named after such a special Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment