Thursday, July 14, 2011

Note from mom-baby getting so big

I'm sure this will be the first of many entries where I'll begin with, "how did he get so big?" Kadin and I say it about twice a day, "how did this happen?" He's not an infant anymore, he's a big boy! He's almost 10 months, which means it's almost his first birthday. I spent this morning making our list of guests for his 1st year birthday party. I know it's still over 2 months out but that will be here before I know it! ;) 
We just got our 9 month pictures back from our photographer Jocelyn. We met on a sunny morning at the Bothell landing and she got some beautiful shots of our big boy. Look at him-standing by himself. When looking through these pictures we couldn't believe how we got here. We are a little family and a perfect one at that. Every morning we wake up to new things. He's pointing now at EVERYTHING wanting to know what it is. Latest obsessions: our chimney and his mobile that Grandma Betty made for him above his rocker. He's crawling more and wanting to explore everywhere! He LOVES his books. He whines when I close the book. I can't get the next book fast enough...he loves to eat. His new favorite is mango but still enjoys avocado, sweet potato, butternut squash and of course blueberries and bananas. 
I love this picture because it's so him. Barefoot baby. Never wears shoes, socks he pulls off so barefoot pretty much rain or shine, hot or cold. Notice the little dirt on his foot, too cute. And his belly hanging out over his pants. He's our little man.
Loves his daddy. What a special summer we all get to have with daddy being home. He goes around saying "da-da" all day. Price doesn't even realize how lucky he is, or how lucky I am. Kadin said something out Price this morning that melted my heart, "I missed you last night while you were sleeping." I miss him too...we just can't get enough. 
I woke up the other night really thirsty and hungry so I snagged an applesauce from the fridge. It reminded me of being pregnant with Price. I told Kadin I miss being pregnant. That nightly midnight snack was our little time together away from anyone else. It was special and I miss that. Not that I'm ready to have another baby this exact moment but soon....I just love being a mom, this is what I'm suppose to do.
This is one of my favorites. You can just tell already how he's going to be a heart breaker for the ladies...his blond hair and blue eyes.
Here are the rest of the pictures, we love them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment