Monday, May 2, 2011

Note from mom-I pretty much have it made

It hits me sometimes how lucky I have it. I know how important it is to show gratitude and thanks. For me, to write it down, or in this case, type it out, it really makes me think about and realize how much I have to be grateful for. Besides being thankful for Price, I'd like to dedicate this gratitude journal entry to Price's grandparents. 

When I was teaching my class this morning I was telling someone about who watches Price when I am working. Not only am I lucky enough to have 1 grandparent of Price's to watch him during the week but I have a rotation of 4! Four grandparents, on a weekly basis. Monday mornings I have my mom, Tuesday nights and Wed mornings I have Kadin's mom and Fridays I have Kadin's dad. Betty, Kadin's step mom comes on Fridays as well with Andy when she isn't working full time as a nurse. She even comes up to see Price on her days off! This rotation is so great and so important for so many different reasons. Price gets to really spend time and get to know closely, his grandparents. His grandparents get to spend time with him and shower him with endless amount of love. I get to go to work and not have to worry about child care. I don't have to worry about a day care, or how to pay for a day care. I don't worry at all when I leave for 2 hours to teach my class 3 mornings a week. I get a break, a much needed break away from a baby. I miss him always and always hard to walk out the door but a necessary break for both of us. 

I just know how lucky I am, especially when I say out loud to someone who doesn't know my arrangement and they look at me like, "do you really have it THAT good?" 

Yup, I sure do....but most importantly, Price is the lucky one. He is so surrounded by so much love!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment