Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Note from mom-I love you!

It's the night before your 1st birthday and I'm reflecting. This time last year I was at the hospital not knowing what was going to happen and when you would arrive. You almost were born on one of my best friend, Darcy's, birthday-but you decided you wanted your own day:) I honestly can't believe it's been a year already. And what a year it's been. I can not imagine my life without you. You are my favorite little buddy (daddy is my favorite big buddy!) and we do everything together. On the rare occasion I go the grocery store by myself or out to dinner with daddy, I miss you. It's like something is missing and that something is my baby boy. I love you so much and you bring such joy to my life. I have always wanted to be a mother-always and you have been everything I've hoped for and more. I love how most nights you still are waking up in the middle of the night for me to feed you. Some would say I'm crazy but I don't mind at all, it's a little mom and baby time that I cherish. 
I love the person you are becoming. You make me smile and laugh every day. I love doing the simplest things with you. Picking up a leaf, throwing a rock into the water, putting our feet in the sand. Those are things I never really appreciated until you can do them with a little person who's doing those things for the first time, so special! 
Tomorrow will be a special day but bitter sweet at the same time. My baby boy won't be such a baby anymore-age wise. But I do have to warn you Price, you will ALWAYS be my baby boy-no matter what. When you are older and on your own, you'll still be my baby boy!
I love you so much, early happy birthday and I can't wait to spend many more birthdays with you! Thanks for picking me and daddy as your parents. We both love you more than anything in this world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment