Sunday, January 23, 2011

Note from Mom: Unexpected Tears

Tonight during Nursing time before bed I decided to try out Toddler tunes on the TV. After Price was done eating I was sitting with him, cuddling him and having some quiet time when a "Please Stay a Baby" tune came on. The song was about what the title explains, baby-please stay a baby. Well, needless to say the tears starting streaming down my face. I don't think I cried baby related tears since the first couple weeks of his life. Well this song did it, I got really emotional. 

I started thinking about how the first 4 months have gone and how the next 4, and the next 4 would go even faster. Before I know it he'll be crawling, walking, running and becoming more independent. Soon he won't be a baby anymore and our snuggle times will be less and less. That made the tears stream faster. Maybe, I thought, when he gets older he'll need me less and less. 

Soon enough, dad came in to rescue the situation. He gave me a tissue and took Price away to read his bed time books. What did I do: switched the music channel. No more toddler music for me, at least for tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment